Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Top 10 albums of 2008 countdown: #8

Tokyo Police Club, Elephant Shell

Today we move from the world of electronic and venture into indie rock.  TPC has been around for a few years but this is their first full length studio album, they had a EP come out in 2006 called A lesson in crime, that I like more than this.  Elephant Shell has a more polished sound than previous EP's and LP's, but the feel is still intact (thats  good).
My only gripe with the album is the average length of each track is about 2:30 long, that is a little to short for my personal tastes.  All in all it is a very solid album and I look forward to future albums as they hone their sound and skill.  I think they will be around for awhile and could potentially become more mainstream and popular if they sign with a bigger record label (that could be bad). 

Recommended Songs:

This is the music video for In A Cave, they do a good job at making plastic cups look cute.

No comments: