Sunday, December 21, 2008

Top 10 albums of 2008 countdown: #10

For the next few days I will be counting down my ten favorite albums of 2008.  Chances are most of you will not like what I like, cause I dislike most top 40 tripe.  I will post the album cover and sample of a song, some are not the best examples but it is all I can find.  So enjoy what you see and hear and let me know what you think.

#1o Bryan Scary & the Shredding Tears, Flight of the Knife

This album took a few listens to fully sink in, but now has grown to be one of my favorite albums to listen from beginning to end, and it gets better each time around.  They have one of the biggest sounds I have heard, and they move around quite a lot.  One minute they sound like Queen then jump over to ELO back over to Ben Folds and the lead singer sounds a bit like John Lennon, they have also been compared to David Bowie, The Who and many others.  So the reason it was hard to listen to initially is its like ADHD album, it jumps all over the place.  Also the whole album revolves around the theme of flight.

The track I have for you to sample (Fire Tree Bird) is not my favorite one but not much is out there. 

Recommended songs: Imitation of the Sky, Heaven On a Bird, Venus Ambassador.


No comments: