Friday, December 26, 2008

Top 10 albums of 2008 countdown: #7


She & Him - Volume One

First off I need to apologize, I have been having issues with videos from Youtube being attached to my posts.  That issue is obviously fixed and then I have been kinda busy the last two days.  So I will do one post tonight, then I will do two on Saturday & Sunday to make up for lost time.

She & Him is what the name says, a girl and a guy, thats the band.  The she is Zooey Deschanel, one of the few if not only actress to transition to music successfully.  If you don't recognize her name, she has been in Elf, Yes Man, Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy and many others (Her sister is the lady in Bones).  Unlike most actress's that do music, she wrote most of the lyrics (a few are covers), plays all the piano, and does the vocals.  The Him is M. Ward who is well known in the Indie music world, and he does just about everything else that Zooey does not do.

The album has a heavy influence from 60's female pop groups, and a dash of country (yes I know, I hate country music).  Because of this it has a more timeless feel to it and is great to crash on the couch with this comforting your thoughts.  Other than that I think you need to listen for yourself.  A few music critics have given this their top honers and labeled it album of the year.

One other thing; you can download the entire album off Amazon.com for only $5.00.

Recommended Songs:

This is the Video for Why Do You Let Me Stay Here below, also you can click on the recommended songs and hear a 30 second clip. 

No comments: