Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dollhouse Show


Yesterday the girls and I decided to attend the dollhouse show at the Provo Library.  I was excited to attend due to the fact that I want to build one for the girls when they get a little older.  I wanted to get some ideas and study the fine craftsmanship of some of the examples.  The whole thing was advertised on buses, in newspapers and on television and I thought it was kind of a big thing.
Well what a bust it turned out to be, I felt like I was at a dollhouse garage sale.  I thought I was setting my standards a little high but even Chloe didn't seem all that interested in anything.  95% of the dollhouses were something I would let a family of rats live in.  Another problem I had was there was two large rooms that had a bunch of thrift store fodder that was for a silent auction, then all the dollhouses were thrown out in hallways.
So I am sorry I am being so negative but I was expecting quite a bit more.  Here are a few moments that we preserved in picture.


One of the few good ones.

A view of pressboard estates.

Chloe studying a fine example of a tenement, the one on the right was okay.

This one had potential.

1 comment:

Tina said...

You would be really good at building your girls a doll house! I had an amazing doll house growing up and it entertained my 2 sisters and I for hours. Good luck!!